1. One in two people celebrate Valentine’s day in the USA.
2. On an average, an individual spends $ 142 on gifts for spouse or significant other, children, friends, colleagues or pets.
3. Overall, Americans spend $18.9 billion on Valentine’s day gifts.
4. Candy, greeting cards and flowers are top 3 choice of gifts for Valentine’s day shoppers, followed by an evening out and jewelry.
5. 25% Valentine’s day shoppers shop online.
6. 87% Valentine’s day shoppers own a smartphone / tablet.
7. Approximately 45% valentine’s day shoppers research / buy on the smartphone or tablet.
Source: National Retail Federation